SMRC Fiesta / Hot Hatch class

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport    Page 1 of 1

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:15 am PostPost subject: SMRC Fiesta / Hot Hatch class
DrHammershaft

Hi,

I am strongly considering running my Clio in the hot hatch championship this season.

Anyone else on here considering it?

I'm trying to gauge how big and diverse the grid will be.

Also, is there anyone in particular in charge of this class as a point of contact?

Basically I'm just trying to pick up as much info on it as I can.

Cheers,
Neil

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:23 am PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

Neil,

Not much info to help I'm afraid, but the new series/classes just require a leap of faith to get the going. Same with the SLS Revolt race thing.

Info seems hard to come by as all the variables are still yet unknown. How many folk, what cars etc etc

If SMRC/KMSC knew they'd be able to plan much more Very Happy

Best best would be an initial email to SMRC - Heather heatherbrunton@btinternet.com . If you dont get a reply there I'm sure I saw a facebook group for the new class/series? Does Yumen know anything? Saw Malcolm/Gerry also commenting on it somewhere down the line. They might be your best starting points.

Year1 will normally see light take up, but if you get in early you stand a chance to shape the series and grow with it.
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:40 am PostPost subject:
HummuH
SMRC S&S Rep

Think Malclom McNab is up to speed on this series.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:52 am PostPost subject:
DrHammershaft

Thanks for the info, I have emailed Heather so will report back here any information which could be useful.

It will be interesting to see who is considering it.

I'm looking forward to getting out again, i've only pottered around in the car since the last round of SLS and could really do with getting on with preparing for this season.

After reading the proposed regs I can see sponsor decals being an issue, i don't fancy having to swap stickers and sunstrips etc back and forth between each round. e.g. from SLS to SMRC

And If I read it right I can only do 2 guest races in SMRC so would have to register, in turn agreeing to all of the SMRC sponsorship locations etc on the car.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:26 am PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

I imagine both series would be accommodating with regards to decals - within reason.
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:20 am PostPost subject:
scottish scrutineer
established user

DrHammershaft wrote:
Thanks for the info, I have emailed Heather so will report back here any information which could be useful.

It will be interesting to see who is considering it.

I'm looking forward to getting out again, i've only pottered around in the car since the last round of SLS and could really do with getting on with preparing for this season.

After reading the proposed regs I can see sponsor decals being an issue, i don't fancy having to swap stickers and sunstrips etc back and forth between each round. e.g. from SLS to SMRC

And If I read it right I can only do 2 guest races in SMRC so would have to register, in turn agreeing to all of the SMRC sponsorship locations etc on the car.

The DRAFT Regs are at http://www.scottishmotorracingclub.co.uk/scottish_fiesta_&_hot_hatch_championship_2018_-_provisional_issue__a.pdf

I don't see that there will be too onerous a space requirement for decals, 2 SMRC stickers and probably Yokohama sunstrip and stickers. The Sunstrips can be easily sorted out using Velcro tape.

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport    Page 1 of 1

View previous topic
View next topic