top

Entries

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next   Page 3 of 9

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:20 pm PostPost subject:
WRobson
newbie


Joined: 03 Nov 2014
Posts: 20
Location: Fochabers

Reply with quote

A1
Saloon & Sports Cars (using racing tyres) with four wheel drive and normally aspirated or turbo/super-charged engines. (Caterhams and Kit cars not eligible)


A2
Saloon & Sports Cars (using racing tyres) with two wheel drive and normally aspirated or turbo/super charged engines. (Caterhams and Kit cars not eligible). Cars in former or existing one make series such as TVR Tuscan, Crossle 9S, Ginetta are eligible

A3
Sports Racing Cars, Caterhams, Kit cars and motorcycle engined kit cars (using racing tyres). Caterhams of any engine capacity, Kit cars up to 3500cc. Normally aspirated engines only.

B1
Saloon & Sports Cars (using treaded road based tyres) including all engine types over 2001cc, and all forced induction engines, and all 4wd cars.


B2
Caterhams and Kit cars over 1401cc and motorcycle engined kit cars and Caterhams of any engine capacity (using treaded tyres).


B3
Saloon & Sports Cars (using treaded road based tyres) with two wheel drive, including all engine types from up to 2000cc (excluding all Turbo / Super charged engines, and 4wd cars). Fiesta 2.0 ST, Fiesta Si 1800 and Fiesta S cars running to 2014 SMRC Fiesta ST CUP regulations. Plus Caterhams and Kit cars up to 1400cc (also using treaded tyres) and excluding motorcycle engine cars of any capacity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
 
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:26 pm PostPost subject:
YumYumTurbo
newbie


Joined: 28 Jun 2014
Posts: 46
Location: Glasgow

Reply with quote

Forged Clio with itbs 230hp
K20 civic with itbs 280hp

If I was to enter the hot hatch race series I'd buy a Honda lol extra 50hp advantage straight away

Easy to say it isn't about the power but in essence it will play a big factor. Esp when the class is wide open for 2000cc cars to do what they want except f/i

AK wrote:
Yumen - Why wouldnt Clios be able to compete with other 2000cc cars?

I do like the Power/Weight setup, and we suggested this for SLS back in the day after years of being frustrated that you 'needed' XXXbhp to even stand a chance. It shouldn't be all about power!

HotHatch class in Sports n Saloons could work well, but isnt it already there? Class B3 - 2wd upto 2000cc non turbo.

The classes are quite general so open to catching a wide variety... this is needed with a fairly small grid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
 
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:42 pm PostPost subject:
WRobson
newbie


Joined: 03 Nov 2014
Posts: 20
Location: Fochabers

Reply with quote

That's fair enough, however we don't have any type r's racing with us! And when it comes to real racing there is more in skill and reliability than outright power. Some cars are better at 12 hot laps than others, just like some drivers are!

YumYumTurbo wrote:
Forged Clio with itbs 230hp
K20 civic with itbs 280hp

If I was to enter the hot hatch race series I'd buy a Honda lol extra 50hp advantage straight away

Easy to say it isn't about the power but in essence it will play a big factor. Esp when the class is wide open for 2000cc cars to do what they want except f/i

AK wrote:
Yumen - Why wouldnt Clios be able to compete with other 2000cc cars?

I do like the Power/Weight setup, and we suggested this for SLS back in the day after years of being frustrated that you 'needed' XXXbhp to even stand a chance. It shouldn't be all about power!

HotHatch class in Sports n Saloons could work well, but isnt it already there? Class B3 - 2wd upto 2000cc non turbo.

The classes are quite general so open to catching a wide variety... this is needed with a fairly small grid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
 
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:02 pm PostPost subject:
YumYumTurbo
newbie


Joined: 28 Jun 2014
Posts: 46
Location: Glasgow

Reply with quote

I'm surprised there's no type r's just now.

Is the new hot hatch race series going to run with smrc or different race?

If I was to build a car for 2000 class I'd be using a Honda. The reason we in clios is they are fast and cheap. hondas are faster but also more expensive to build.

WRobson wrote:
That's fair enough, however we don't have any type r's racing with us! And when it comes to real racing there is more in skill and reliability than outright power. Some cars are better at 12 hot laps than others, just like some drivers are!

YumYumTurbo wrote:
Forged Clio with itbs 230hp
K20 civic with itbs 280hp

If I was to enter the hot hatch race series I'd buy a Honda lol extra 50hp advantage straight away

Easy to say it isn't about the power but in essence it will play a big factor. Esp when the class is wide open for 2000cc cars to do what they want except f/i

AK wrote:
Yumen - Why wouldnt Clios be able to compete with other 2000cc cars?

I do like the Power/Weight setup, and we suggested this for SLS back in the day after years of being frustrated that you 'needed' XXXbhp to even stand a chance. It shouldn't be all about power!

HotHatch class in Sports n Saloons could work well, but isnt it already there? Class B3 - 2wd upto 2000cc non turbo.

The classes are quite general so open to catching a wide variety... this is needed with a fairly small grid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
 
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:06 pm PostPost subject:
WRobson
newbie


Joined: 03 Nov 2014
Posts: 20
Location: Fochabers

Reply with quote

Im not sure there is a new hot hatch class being proposed unless I have missed something?! I think Adam pointed out class B3 as being ideal as a hot hatch class!

I have maybe picked something up wrong though :-/


YumYumTurbo wrote:
I'm surprised there's no type r's just now.

Is the new hot hatch race series going to run with smrc or different race?

If I was to build a car for 2000 class I'd be using a Honda. The reason we in clios is they are fast and cheap. hondas are faster but also more expensive to build.

WRobson wrote:
That's fair enough, however we don't have any type r's racing with us! And when it comes to real racing there is more in skill and reliability than outright power. Some cars are better at 12 hot laps than others, just like some drivers are!

YumYumTurbo wrote:
Forged Clio with itbs 230hp
K20 civic with itbs 280hp

If I was to enter the hot hatch race series I'd buy a Honda lol extra 50hp advantage straight away

Easy to say it isn't about the power but in essence it will play a big factor. Esp when the class is wide open for 2000cc cars to do what they want except f/i

AK wrote:
Yumen - Why wouldnt Clios be able to compete with other 2000cc cars?

I do like the Power/Weight setup, and we suggested this for SLS back in the day after years of being frustrated that you 'needed' XXXbhp to even stand a chance. It shouldn't be all about power!

HotHatch class in Sports n Saloons could work well, but isnt it already there? Class B3 - 2wd upto 2000cc non turbo.

The classes are quite general so open to catching a wide variety... this is needed with a fairly small grid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
 
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:14 pm PostPost subject:
WRobson
newbie


Joined: 03 Nov 2014
Posts: 20
Location: Fochabers

Reply with quote

YumYum I think your post sums things up, you don't know/are surprised there are no type r's racing! If there was a lot more coverage of SMRC events online/social media etc etc then you/others would maybe be more aware of what is and isn't racing in it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
 
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:35 pm PostPost subject:
emicen
established user


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 992
Location: Glasgow

Reply with quote

YumYumTurbo wrote:
I had proposed having clios added into this, managed to gather a decent amount of serious interest but nothing came of it.

Looks like there will be a new hot hatch race series set up similar to Combe, classes set up into engine size. Clios won't be able to compete against other 2000cc so everyone lost interest.

The clios added in we wanted it to be set up the same as sls (power/weight) with 2 classes, 1 modified and 1 with limited mods.

Reckon we would of had a minimum of 5/6 cars for defo in modified then same for the limited class.

The new hot hatch series will be whoever has deepest pockets will have bigger chance of winning whereas the power/weight set up seems to work well as it has done in sls.

I did consider doing the minis but it's carnage 😂

Will most likely be sls next year for me if I can get car built and enough seat time.

Proposed classes:

Class A:

Power/Weight 150whp per tonne
- Tyres - list 1 a/b
- Suspension - open
- Brakes - std calipers, discs n pads open
- Safety - full cage, Extinguisher, Seats/harnesses, HANS device.

Class B:

Same as above except suspension and below stated mods.
- Cup shocks
- Cooksport springs
- No diff
- No rc kit


And the response you were given was that awards could be given for a CSOC Trophy within the Championship in a similar way to Super Lap Scotland.

Speaking as someone who has raced an EP3, I would sooner build a Clio. At the last SLS round the Clios competing in F were 4 seconds quicker than the EP3 also competing in F.
_________________
06 320Cd MSport - daily
94 ST205 Celica GTFour - weekender
www.mcnab-racing.co.uk
www.performance-spares.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:40 pm PostPost subject:
YumYumTurbo
newbie


Joined: 28 Jun 2014
Posts: 46
Location: Glasgow

Reply with quote

Yup there's a hot hatch series proposed. I was told the regs etc were released last week I think. Not sure where was just informed.

WRobson wrote:
Im not sure there is a new hot hatch class being proposed unless I have missed something?! I think Adam pointed out class B3 as being ideal as a hot hatch class!

I have maybe picked something up wrong though :-/


YumYumTurbo wrote:
I'm surprised there's no type r's just now.

Is the new hot hatch race series going to run with smrc or different race?

If I was to build a car for 2000 class I'd be using a Honda. The reason we in clios is they are fast and cheap. hondas are faster but also more expensive to build.

WRobson wrote:
That's fair enough, however we don't have any type r's racing with us! And when it comes to real racing there is more in skill and reliability than outright power. Some cars are better at 12 hot laps than others, just like some drivers are!

YumYumTurbo wrote:
Forged Clio with itbs 230hp
K20 civic with itbs 280hp

If I was to enter the hot hatch race series I'd buy a Honda lol extra 50hp advantage straight away

Easy to say it isn't about the power but in essence it will play a big factor. Esp when the class is wide open for 2000cc cars to do what they want except f/i

AK wrote:
Yumen - Why wouldnt Clios be able to compete with other 2000cc cars?

I do like the Power/Weight setup, and we suggested this for SLS back in the day after years of being frustrated that you 'needed' XXXbhp to even stand a chance. It shouldn't be all about power!

HotHatch class in Sports n Saloons could work well, but isnt it already there? Class B3 - 2wd upto 2000cc non turbo.

The classes are quite general so open to catching a wide variety... this is needed with a fairly small grid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
 
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:42 pm PostPost subject:
YumYumTurbo
newbie


Joined: 28 Jun 2014
Posts: 46
Location: Glasgow

Reply with quote

emicen wrote:
YumYumTurbo wrote:
I had proposed having clios added into this, managed to gather a decent amount of serious interest but nothing came of it.

Looks like there will be a new hot hatch race series set up similar to Combe, classes set up into engine size. Clios won't be able to compete against other 2000cc so everyone lost interest.

The clios added in we wanted it to be set up the same as sls (power/weight) with 2 classes, 1 modified and 1 with limited mods.

Reckon we would of had a minimum of 5/6 cars for defo in modified then same for the limited class.

The new hot hatch series will be whoever has deepest pockets will have bigger chance of winning whereas the power/weight set up seems to work well as it has done in sls.

I did consider doing the minis but it's carnage 😂

Will most likely be sls next year for me if I can get car built and enough seat time.

Proposed classes:

Class A:

Power/Weight 150whp per tonne
- Tyres - list 1 a/b
- Suspension - open
- Brakes - std calipers, discs n pads open
- Safety - full cage, Extinguisher, Seats/harnesses, HANS device.

Class B:

Same as above except suspension and below stated mods.
- Cup shocks
- Cooksport springs
- No diff
- No rc kit


And the response you were given was that awards could be given for a CSOC Trophy within the Championship in a similar way to Super Lap Scotland.

Speaking as someone who has raced an EP3, I would sooner build a Clio. At the last SLS round the Clios competing in F were 4 seconds quicker than the EP3 also competing in F.


So csoc would need to fund the clios trophys etc but entry fees go to organisers. Doesn't quite add up does it.

The Ep3 in the last round was pretty much bog std. are you surprised it was off the pace.
With some lightly mods it'll be right up there with the top runners. Bare in mind top of class f is doing class e times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
 
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:11 pm PostPost subject:
dunc
established user


Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 1941
Location: Dundee

Reply with quote

If radicals or similar aero sports cars were allowed they would surely get a few more entrants, since currently any racers with these have to go down to southern England for races. The grids down there are fully booked so there are loads about.

I've got a new (to me) radical specifically for racing which I'd happily race up here but will have to go south instead, can't be the only one.

Dunc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:22 pm PostPost subject:
gruggs
newbie


Joined: 31 May 2013
Posts: 3

Reply with quote

YumYumTurbo wrote:
emicen wrote:
YumYumTurbo wrote:
I had proposed having clios added into this, managed to gather a decent amount of serious interest but nothing came of it.

Looks like there will be a new hot hatch race series set up similar to Combe, classes set up into engine size. Clios won't be able to compete against other 2000cc so everyone lost interest.

The clios added in we wanted it to be set up the same as sls (power/weight) with 2 classes, 1 modified and 1 with limited mods.

Reckon we would of had a minimum of 5/6 cars for defo in modified then same for the limited class.

The new hot hatch series will be whoever has deepest pockets will have bigger chance of winning whereas the power/weight set up seems to work well as it has done in sls.

I did consider doing the minis but it's carnage 😂

Will most likely be sls next year for me if I can get car built and enough seat time.

Proposed classes:

Class A:

Power/Weight 150whp per tonne
- Tyres - list 1 a/b
- Suspension - open
- Brakes - std calipers, discs n pads open
- Safety - full cage, Extinguisher, Seats/harnesses, HANS device.

Class B:

Same as above except suspension and below stated mods.
- Cup shocks
- Cooksport springs
- No diff
- No rc kit


And the response you were given was that awards could be given for a CSOC Trophy within the Championship in a similar way to Super Lap Scotland.

Speaking as someone who has raced an EP3, I would sooner build a Clio. At the last SLS round the Clios competing in F were 4 seconds quicker than the EP3 also competing in F.


So csoc would need to fund the clios trophys etc but entry fees go to organisers. Doesn't quite add up does it.

The Ep3 in the last round was pretty much bog std. are you surprised it was off the pace.
With some lightly mods it'll be right up there with the top runners. Bare in mind top of class f is doing class e times.


And the entries fees of the competitors only funding a few ten quid trophies does add up?

I'm sure that could be easily sorted through discussion if that is the only issue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:58 pm PostPost subject:
YumYumTurbo
newbie


Joined: 28 Jun 2014
Posts: 46
Location: Glasgow

Reply with quote

gruggs wrote:
YumYumTurbo wrote:
emicen wrote:
YumYumTurbo wrote:
I had proposed having clios added into this, managed to gather a decent amount of serious interest but nothing came of it.

Looks like there will be a new hot hatch race series set up similar to Combe, classes set up into engine size. Clios won't be able to compete against other 2000cc so everyone lost interest.

The clios added in we wanted it to be set up the same as sls (power/weight) with 2 classes, 1 modified and 1 with limited mods.

Reckon we would of had a minimum of 5/6 cars for defo in modified then same for the limited class.

The new hot hatch series will be whoever has deepest pockets will have bigger chance of winning whereas the power/weight set up seems to work well as it has done in sls.

I did consider doing the minis but it's carnage 😂

Will most likely be sls next year for me if I can get car built and enough seat time.

Proposed classes:

Class A:

Power/Weight 150whp per tonne
- Tyres - list 1 a/b
- Suspension - open
- Brakes - std calipers, discs n pads open
- Safety - full cage, Extinguisher, Seats/harnesses, HANS device.

Class B:

Same as above except suspension and below stated mods.
- Cup shocks
- Cooksport springs
- No diff
- No rc kit


And the response you were given was that awards could be given for a CSOC Trophy within the Championship in a similar way to Super Lap Scotland.

Speaking as someone who has raced an EP3, I would sooner build a Clio. At the last SLS round the Clios competing in F were 4 seconds quicker than the EP3 also competing in F.


So csoc would need to fund the clios trophys etc but entry fees go to organisers. Doesn't quite add up does it.

The Ep3 in the last round was pretty much bog std. are you surprised it was off the pace.
With some lightly mods it'll be right up there with the top runners. Bare in mind top of class f is doing class e times.


And the entries fees of the competitors only funding a few ten quid trophies does add up?

I'm sure that could be easily sorted through discussion if that is the only issue.


Where else do funds come from for the awards etc?

If it was sorted it would of been mentioned when I got a reply. I was told "Still happy for you to provide a Clio Sport Owners Club trophy to the highest placed CSOC member in the same way as you do in SLS"

My point originally is that if the regs were different and more structured similar to sls with power to weight I think this would attract more drivers/cars.

Reason that the 5/10 clios Id gathered up aren't interested as we all know we would be up against much more capable cars i.e. Honda's that produce much more power. You stick a high specced Clio vs same specced Honda the Honda will be faster.

Anyways just sharing my thoughts and with the rest of frenchie family from feedback I got.

I'll be following this thread. There seems to be lots of people wanting to get involved with smrc but haven't, regs seem to be biggest issue.

Power to weight classes wins.

Nite all bed time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
 
Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:18 am PostPost subject:
emicen
established user


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 992
Location: Glasgow

Reply with quote

YumYumTurbo wrote:
gruggs wrote:
YumYumTurbo wrote:
emicen wrote:
YumYumTurbo wrote:
I had proposed having clios added into this, managed to gather a decent amount of serious interest but nothing came of it.

Looks like there will be a new hot hatch race series set up similar to Combe, classes set up into engine size. Clios won't be able to compete against other 2000cc so everyone lost interest.

The clios added in we wanted it to be set up the same as sls (power/weight) with 2 classes, 1 modified and 1 with limited mods.

Reckon we would of had a minimum of 5/6 cars for defo in modified then same for the limited class.

The new hot hatch series will be whoever has deepest pockets will have bigger chance of winning whereas the power/weight set up seems to work well as it has done in sls.

I did consider doing the minis but it's carnage 😂

Will most likely be sls next year for me if I can get car built and enough seat time.

Proposed classes:

Class A:

Power/Weight 150whp per tonne
- Tyres - list 1 a/b
- Suspension - open
- Brakes - std calipers, discs n pads open
- Safety - full cage, Extinguisher, Seats/harnesses, HANS device.

Class B:

Same as above except suspension and below stated mods.
- Cup shocks
- Cooksport springs
- No diff
- No rc kit


And the response you were given was that awards could be given for a CSOC Trophy within the Championship in a similar way to Super Lap Scotland.

Speaking as someone who has raced an EP3, I would sooner build a Clio. At the last SLS round the Clios competing in F were 4 seconds quicker than the EP3 also competing in F.


So csoc would need to fund the clios trophys etc but entry fees go to organisers. Doesn't quite add up does it.

The Ep3 in the last round was pretty much bog std. are you surprised it was off the pace.
With some lightly mods it'll be right up there with the top runners. Bare in mind top of class f is doing class e times.


And the entries fees of the competitors only funding a few ten quid trophies does add up?

I'm sure that could be easily sorted through discussion if that is the only issue.


Where else do funds come from for the awards etc?

If it was sorted it would of been mentioned when I got a reply. I was told "Still happy for you to provide a Clio Sport Owners Club trophy to the highest placed CSOC member in the same way as you do in SLS"

My point originally is that if the regs were different and more structured similar to sls with power to weight I think this would attract more drivers/cars.

Reason that the 5/10 clios Id gathered up aren't interested as we all know we would be up against much more capable cars i.e. Honda's that produce much more power. You stick a high specced Clio vs same specced Honda the Honda will be faster.

Anyways just sharing my thoughts and with the rest of frenchie family from feedback I got.

I'll be following this thread. There seems to be lots of people wanting to get involved with smrc but haven't, regs seem to be biggest issue.

Power to weight classes wins.

Nite all bed time


In the case of 3 or more cars entering being eligible for the sub classes you mentioned, I'm sure the club would provide a trophy for the winner in each class. I don't doubt the importance of trophies, but at the same time, it makes a mockery of people's achievements when you end up awarding trophies for pretty much turning up.

Maybe the class F runners in SLS last time out isn't a good example but I stand by my point. For racing at Knockhill, I would pick a Clio over an EP3 any day, it's a far better handling package and the number of them out there would give you a far better chance of getting a decent race especially along side STs which run similar lap times. From what I've seen on trackdays with loads of Clios and EP3s running, there's no massive performance gap apparent, if anything it's usually the Clios bullying the Civics out the way.

It's a shame that's put them off. Just 5, never mind 10, cars of similar spec should guarantee some close racing amongst themselves.
_________________
06 320Cd MSport - daily
94 ST205 Celica GTFour - weekender
www.mcnab-racing.co.uk
www.performance-spares.com


Last edited by emicen on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:30 am PostPost subject:
emicen
established user


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 992
Location: Glasgow

Reply with quote

frazjam wrote:
Clio driver here

Thought about this for a couple of years, opted for SLS due to the cheaper and more evenly matched nature but I'm dying for competitive racing rather than against the clock.

Only reason I haven't made a jump up being that there is nearly no cars doing similar times to race against, so it would just be an expensive trackday.

I'm doing 60/61 second laps, the cooper S are just ahead and only going to get faster. If a decent group of cars doing a similar time was there I would be keen


With the added shinanigans of a standing start and having to lap at that pace for 12 laps, it sounds like you'd get a good race with a few other Clios and some of the faster STs could make life difficult if they pipped you off the start Cool
_________________
06 320Cd MSport - daily
94 ST205 Celica GTFour - weekender
www.mcnab-racing.co.uk
www.performance-spares.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:31 am PostPost subject:
foz01
WankR
WankR


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 1322
Location: Location, Location.

Reply with quote

A "real" 280 BHP out of a K20 is a lot more complicated (expensive) than bolting on a set of ITB's, I promise you!

Clio's are quick cars, rather than being off put about the likes of a type R being potentially quicker, of which there aren't any chomping at the bit, try and get a bunch of people to commit Smile

I will do the last SMRC of the rear, as a learning curve really, but it will be my first toe in the water in preparation for next year Smile
_________________
Motorsport Exige Project Thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next   Page 3 of 9

View previous topic
View next topic
Display posts from previous:   




You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum