Scottish Classic Sports & Saloons Championship

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport    Page 1 of 1

Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:50 pm PostPost subject: Scottish Classic Sports & Saloons Championship
prophead
user

I've been looking at the regulations and really fancy getting a Porsche 924 2.0ltr together to run in class B of the above championship. And possibly run a few events in the HSCC down south as well as the regulations are very similar.

Think it could be a fairly competitive car in its class. Obviously I as a driver will need a lot of tuition to do it justice, but one step at a time.

Just entertaining the thought at the moment as I actually fancy competing in something and not just doing trackdays.

Will have to sell my 944 turbo, and 924 v8 cars first to fund it. But I think it would be worth it.

Any views would be appreciated.
Mondeo 2.2 tdci "the diesel sleeper" - sold

Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:38 am PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

Its a series I'd be interested in once i'm 45 plus Smile
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:12 am PostPost subject:
prophead
user

AK wrote:
Its a series I'd be interested in once i'm 45 plus Smile

lol well I'll be 45 next year

Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:25 am PostPost subject:
HummuH
SMRC S&S Rep

Year after next for me!

Think the regulations are about to change for next year for the Classics. there is a proposal to move the current 31st December 1979 manufacture dates out 5 years to 1984 for existing classes and future classics also by 5 years, from 1985 to 1990. Plan is to also try and accommodate the XR2's and any MX5's also.

Could really open up the classics and boost the field.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:51 am PostPost subject:
scottish scrutineer
established user

HummuH wrote:
Year after next for me!

Think the regulations are about to change for next year for the Classics. there is a proposal to move the current 31st December 1979 manufacture dates out 5 years to 1984 for existing classes and future classics also by 5 years, from 1985 to 1990. Plan is to also try and accommodate the XR2's and any MX5's also.

Watch out for announcements from SMRC over the next few weeks about the 2018 Championships.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:38 pm PostPost subject:
prophead
user

that would change the game a bit and I could step it up to a 944 or 924S which would be nice.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:52 pm PostPost subject:
marshal-alan
established user

scottish scrutineer wrote:
HummuH wrote:
Year after next for me!

Watch out for announcements from SMRC over the next few weeks about the 2018 Championships.

guessing any remaining xr2's to classics and st's to s&s. Lets be blunt 16 races in a day is far too much especially when (apart from minis) grids are barely averaging a dozen. all series need spicing up a bit and the finish time has to be earlier

opinions are my own and not those of any organisation I am involved with

Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:13 pm PostPost subject:
arm10
user

C'mon guys. I've got pants that age

Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:46 pm PostPost subject:
crayons
user

HummuH wrote:
Year after next for me!

We were pushing for that for ages for the MX5s, but I think the boys in classics didnt want to risk their cars against some upstart in a cheap car.

Not sure if there are many still around, unfortunately mine wont fit in that category anymore. Its a shame they didnt decide this sooner, would have saved me a lot of time and money over the last couple of years.

But I suppose it takes a declining grid to get some action.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:48 pm PostPost subject:
emicen
established user

marshal-alan wrote:

guessing any remaining xr2's to classics and st's to s&s. Lets be blunt 16 races in a day is far too much especially when (apart from minis) grids are barely averaging a dozen. all series need spicing up a bit and the finish time has to be earlier

Not quite.

16 races is par for the course in club racing. BARC ran 17 when we were at Donington last year and we had 14 with BRSCC at Rockingham this year (but 15-20min aces rather than our 10-15min ones).

crayons wrote:
HummuH wrote:
Year after next for me!

We were pushing for that for ages for the MX5s, but I think the boys in classics didnt want to risk their cars against some upstart in a cheap car.

Not sure if there are many still around, unfortunately mine wont fit in that category anymore. Its a shame they didnt decide this sooner, would have saved me a lot of time and money over the last couple of years.

They're now at an age where the first are modern classic age though, so it's a better fit. I also seem to remember the talk years back was always that there were X more cars ready to join the grid and in those times there were a fair number more classics out there so not as much space.
www.performance-spares.com

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:19 am PostPost subject:
crayons
user

emicen wrote:
marshal-alan wrote:

Not quite.

16 races is par for the course in club racing. BARC ran 17 when we were at Donington last year and we had 14 with BRSCC at Rockingham this year (but 15-20min aces rather than our 10-15min ones).

crayons wrote:
HummuH wrote:
Year after next for me!

They're now at an age where the first are modern classic age though, so it's a better fit. I also seem to remember the talk years back was always that there were X more cars ready to join the grid and in those times there were a fair number more classics out there so not as much space.

Just a shame it wasnt a couple of years ago, could have built on the interest that was already there. Anyways I look forward to seeing the announcement on the 2018 championships.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:21 am PostPost subject:
andybell
established user

anything which gets more cars a) out there at a time and b) out there overall is great. Presuming i hold my job I will be out next year in the mini's and with luck old man syndrome (bad back) doesn't hamper me Smile Plan to focus on more tuition and more track days for bum in seat as starting to know problems better with my driving.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:52 am PostPost subject:
scottish scrutineer
established user

marshal-alan wrote:

You're about 50% correct Alan Smile

Hopefully the first announcement/press release will be this weekend. I agree 16 races in a day is pushing it, making it a long day for all, especially you guys trackside.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:32 pm PostPost subject:
marshal-alan
established user

to be fair renny you scroots have a fair bit of work to get through also, we all do. it is 16 races plus 7 qually sessions. all it takes is a big un like a extraction with cutting gear and the 6pm finish becomes 7pm. Our numbers arent brilliant and the days of being able to allow guys a stand down for a session are gone

opinions are my own and not those of any organisation I am involved with

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport    Page 1 of 1

View previous topic
View next topic