billy monger just giving page

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport Goto page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:01 pm PostPost subject:
HummuH
SMRC S&S Rep

Daveb wrote:
HummuH wrote:
However, have to say it, the Just Giving fund doesn't sit comfortably with me although I totally understand how it's reached the incredible levels it has already.

Whats your thinking with this?

Only thought i had was how do they know that exact figure is what he needs? Very random figure. It depends what he does and wants to do after this accident. You probably need to set a goal amount i suppose for the page.

Don't really know tbh. It's not specific to this, maybe it's the timing of it, maybe it's just a jaded view that there seems to be a growing consensus that money will solve problems and make things better. It can certainly make things easier, I understand that, but dealing with the mental aspect of what's happened will undoubtedly be the biggest challenge I would imagine.

I was genuinely moved by David Birrell's gesture towards Billy Monger last night. That's the type of support I would rather fund in a case such as this. It reminds you that horrendous and life changing accidents happen to good decent people all the time, we just don't necessarily hear and see about them.

Please don't misunderstand me, I think it's fantastic that the motorsport community have pulled together like that, but I would rather support a cause in a different way. Just my miserable view.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:47 pm PostPost subject:
crayons
user

I have a similar feeling towards this, the side I take is that he, as we all do took a conscious decision to put himself in an increased risk situation (Motor racing).

Where are the fundraising pages for the perfectly normal people who are struck down with debilitating illnesses on a daily bases and who have to rely on the public health sector to get by.

I would hope that some funds go towards the childrens air ambulance and other services that helped him.

But at the same time I did feel the urge to donate, after seeing the sickening crash. I hope he can continue to have a normal life, and achieve his ambitions.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:00 pm PostPost subject:
Fee
Site Admin

It is a difficult one....

Yes, there are people in the world that are going through an equally tough time, but does that mean you shouldn't reach out and help anyone because there might be someone else out there that is worse off?
There's only so much each person can do, and if putting some money towards this boy's recovery is what certain people chose to do, then that's their choice.

There will be other people raising money for cancer, famine, poverty, dogs, etc etc

This incident has reached a number of high profile people which has boosted the amount raised. Again, most of these people are involved in motor racing and so it is an issue which is close to home. I'm sure most would have the realisation that such an accident could happen to anyone involved in motorsport.

It was a bloomin horrific accident, and when you see photos of Billy he looks like a baby. Such a tough thing to go through at such a young age

R32 GTR: TimeAttack - Track Scotland

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport Goto page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2

View previous topic
View next topic