TrackScotland @ Knockhill 2hr - Wednesday 29th June 2016

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Track Days Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next   Page 3 of 4

Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:24 am PostPost subject:
alistairolsen
established user

As others have said, another great night with good driving standards and plenty of familiar cars!

I reckon we need to run another "post a pic of your car and your real name" threads

Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:31 am PostPost subject:
AllyEP3

Last night was my first session in close to a year so was expecting to be a bit/ very rusty but wasn't half as bad as I was expecting!

Glad the rain stayed off too apart from that little shower a few mins from the end.

Cracking night as per! Smile

Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:00 am PostPost subject:
s60tca
user

What was up with the Arial Atom? I passed him a few times like he was almost stopped.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:08 am PostPost subject:
alistairolsen
established user

There were a few slow fast cars out last night and also a few folk cooling down by lapping the RHS of the track inc bends instead of a slower lap on-line which caused some hilarity in places!

Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:30 am PostPost subject:
AllyEP3

alistairolsen wrote:
There were a few slow fast cars out last night and also a few folk cooling down by lapping the RHS of the track inc bends instead of a slower lap on-line which caused some hilarity in places!

Definitely not me, I'm slow slow Laughing

Who owns the blue Scooby that was on? Absolutely love that thing!

Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:48 am PostPost subject:
RS Grant

I had an absolute ball last night, thanks again for organising it.

Car went really well, was very happy with the new suspension and the fact that the car didn't have a front ARB fitted didn't seem to cause any problems.

I was in the Red Golf R, had lots of laps with quite a few different cars last night... so if any of your are here, then thank you, I enjoyed them all. Smile

Best time was 61.99 according to Harrys LT, which going by the board seems to be fairly solid time. Cool

Cheers,
Grant

Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:42 pm PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

If you know the weight of the car (inc you) and aprox WHEEL hp you can get a good estimate of the time by comparing SLS times Smile
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:58 pm PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

ALSO - Any pics from last night?

Charity total was 215 for the evening - Thanks. I'm trying to bleed some cash out of KH to make it up to 500 Laughing
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:59 pm PostPost subject:
chorlton
established user

UncleF wrote:
chorlton wrote:

Drove it home, which was nice

Great stuff, saw you peel off very nicely before the hairpin and was hoping it was fixable!

The only clip I have of the evening pretty much as had the go pro off for pax safety Wink, but you can see yourself Duffus - Clarks at the end of the stint Chorlton Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4qQgrElGQQ

Laughing

Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:52 pm PostPost subject:
RS Grant

AK wrote:
If you know the weight of the car (inc you) and aprox WHEEL hp you can get a good estimate of the time by comparing SLS times Smile

Roughly 185bhp per tonne including me, my time seems fairly decent compared to the D1 class, which (without reading too much) seems to be the one that my car would be in. Might be tempted to give it a whirl at some point actually. Smile

Cheers,
Grant

Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:56 pm PostPost subject:
UncleF
user

RS Grant wrote:

Car went really well, was very happy with the new suspension and the fact that the car didn't have a front ARB fitted didn't seem to cause any problems.

I was in the Red Golf R, had lots of laps with quite a few different cars last night... so if any of your are here, then thank you, I enjoyed them all. Smile

Best time was 61.99 according to Harrys LT, which going by the board seems to be fairly solid time. Cool

Cheers,
Grant

You were shifting last night for sure!

What suspension set up did you go for? Car did look great as well mate

Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:33 pm PostPost subject:
cherry
user

RS Grant wrote:

Cheers,
Grant

Golf looked like it was going well 👍, they seem like great car straight out the box with a remap. Was behind you for abit, I was in the white evo 5.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:02 am PostPost subject:
Steve H
user

RS Grant wrote:
Roughly 185bhp per tonne including me, my time seems fairly decent compared to the D1 class, which (without reading too much) seems to be the one that my car would be in. Might be tempted to give it a whirl at some point actually. Smile

Do it!!! Class D is a really busy and close class. No matter where you are in the class there is always someone very close in front to catch and very close behind to fend off.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:51 am PostPost subject:
RS Grant

UncleF wrote:

You were shifting last night for sure!

What suspension set up did you go for? Car did look great as well mate

I dumped the KW V1 Coilovers and switched back to a fixed set up, Koni top adjustable shocks and H&R springs.. feels like a firmer version of the standard set up, which I really liked on the road but even though I like a little bit of movement, it was a little too soft on track and this set up has cut down on the amount of bodyroll on track nicely. Really happy with it. Cool

cherry wrote:

Golf looked like it was going well 👍, they seem like great car straight out the box with a remap. Was behind you for abit, I was in the white evo 5.

Yeah they're a good package, with a couple of small tweaks they can be made to go quite quickly... that Evo is a very quick car, don't think you were behind me for long before I moved to the right! Laughing

Steve H wrote:

Do it!!! Class D is a really busy and close class. No matter where you are in the class there is always someone very close in front to catch and very close behind to fend off.

Yeah it looked like a good class and a 61-62 second lap would put me in the mixer, which would be epic fun!! I'll need to have a proper read up on the rules and regulations though, it may end up requiring too many modifications to the car.. apart from a few small mechanical/suspension tweaks, it is still my road car at the moment and I'm not keen on stripping it out and adding rollcages to it.

Cheers,
Grant

Last edited by RS Grant on Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:23 am PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

you wont need a roll cage or any drastic mods by the sounds of it. If its a fully trimmed road car for example.
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Track Days Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next   Page 3 of 4

View previous topic
View next topic