TrackScotland Knockhill Track Afternoon - Thursday 21st July

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Track Days Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next   Page 12 of 14

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:18 pm PostPost subject:
320touring
user

nickso wrote:
I also had a great evening.

Been a long time since I have been on the track, and it showed, but enjoyed it immensely even though the car could only manage 2x 25 min runs before various maladies struck it.

Thanks TrackScotland.

Then you spent 40 mins giving a blow by blow aberdonian account of the bismarck's second voyage! Claire asked, just based on the voice- whether BadDave was down Razz

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:26 pm PostPost subject:
tvrolet

Good session and good manners on track all round. Car ran pretty much the whole time except for fuel stops (about 100 litres used Shocked). Tyres really are past it now - I'm reckining they're 10 years old and the last set from a pile of second-hand slicks I bought a few years ago. They've gone real hard now and I just couldn't get enough heat into them to get decent grip; but entertaining at the hairpin.

Also first outing with the new higher ratio diff - avoids the red-line on the straights now, but lost a bit of oomph out the chicaine. Overal though it should be possible to go qicker with this diff if I had the grip

Here's a couple of in-car videos with lots of other cars in them rather than just an empty track. The second one is the final 10 minutes running right up to the chequered flag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLFRBYVNujk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNR70V3mjns

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:30 pm PostPost subject:
Merlin
established user

nickso wrote:
Merlin wrote:

I got some great vids, one includes a white Evo spinning off at Duffus right in front of me. Will get them up soon.

I was behind you when that happened, would like to see the vid of it.

Finished editing, but will have to upload them tonight.

The red flag near the end of the session meant that everyone and their dog wanted out on track for the last 10 minutes. Everyone had to be (and was) on their game as there was a rear mix of cars sharing the track, clumped up, with real busy areas of the track.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:59 pm PostPost subject:
J-1

Thanks to Adam and Fee for last night. Cool

Had a great night and was happy how the car went on its first track outing!
Will definitely try and make the next one. Smile

Jay

Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:18 pm PostPost subject:
lucky

Good night ladies & gents,

I'm also new to the forum. I never really spoke much last night, but was out in the white Focus RS.

I have a few good videos from the evening, with most of you in them. I will get them edited & posted when I get time.

Jay

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:18 pm PostPost subject:
320touring
user

Merlin wrote:
An awsome night, I had a fantasitc time!! I got a run in the dogs GTR and one of the Atom's, many thanks to both. The Prelude ran great apart from my rear brakes decided to basically give out, people probably heard the groaning honk noise coming from them.

I got some great vids, one includes a white Evo spinning off at Duffus right in front of me. Will get them up soon.

Can you pass on thanks to your mate who lent us the jack? It was a grand help and got us back out on track- top bloke!

Hope he enjoyed the GTR Very Happy

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:26 pm PostPost subject:
320touring
user

tvrolet wrote:
Good session and good manners on track all round. Car ran pretty much the whole time except for fuel stops (about 100 litres used Shocked). Tyres really are past it now - I'm reckining they're 10 years old and the last set from a pile of second-hand slicks I bought a few years ago. They've gone real hard now and I just couldn't get enough heat into them to get decent grip; but entertaining at the hairpin.

Also first outing with the new higher ratio diff - avoids the red-line on the straights now, but lost a bit of oomph out the chicaine. Overal though it should be possible to go qicker with this diff if I had the grip

Here's a couple of in-car videos with lots of other cars in them rather than just an empty track. The second one is the final 10 minutes running right up to the chequered flag.

Took you 5 mins 9 secs to catch me Very Happy

That thing is like a fecking missile- top stuff Shocked

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:32 pm PostPost subject:
chorlton
established user

tvrolet wrote:

Watched vid 1 and it ended just before you were about to pass me.
Watched vid 2 & it ended 20secs after you passed me.

Thought I was pretty tidy from duffus to the chicane before I saw these Embarassed

Must try harder next time Laughing

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:56 pm PostPost subject:
lucky

A spectating video I took, might have got a few members on it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRoTJSWDQwk

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:21 pm PostPost subject:
jockthedog
established user

istoo wrote:

jock: As a by the by, not sure what centre diffs you can run in the B5 but my old C4 could have taken the V8 diff which is a 40/60 F/R that makes a huge difference by all accounts. if its your other track experiment!

Watched your GTR video earlier, it looks utterly effortless then starting looking down at the times, rather nippy!

Actually, stiffening up the back end has made the S4 a bit tail-happy, but that is certainly something to think about, ta. I'll check on audisrs.com to see if anyone else has done something like that.

And it only looks effortless cos of my driving style Smile That and the instant gear changes make it all look smooth. But believe me I have to hang on tight to that steering wheel!

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:34 pm PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

aye, give me a shot and i'm sure I could turn it into a bucking broco Very Happy
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:42 pm PostPost subject:
jockthedog
established user

AK wrote:
Jockthedog - What sort of times were you doing?

Pbox data: VMax 125.7mph, best lap 60secs.
Most laps where I got a clearish run were low 60s but there weren't so many of those. Out of 52 laps I maybe got a dozen real flyers. The fastest lap was a 60s dead, or would have been if I hadn't had to slow down for car in front, slowing for the checkered flag - it was the very last lap of the night, with the fuel light just come on. I reckon with a few more flying laps (and a few more litres of fuel) I'd have broken the 60sec mark. I got 70 miles from 70 litres of tesco99.

I'm still slow from duffus to the chicane - there's something about MacIntyres that scares me Smile

I didn't completely scrub the tyres either, so there was certainly more speed to be had (at their expense). I still have about 1mm left over the TWIs. Plenty left for Ingliston teehee.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:52 pm PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

yup, McIntyres is my least comfortable corner at KH.

Sometimes i take it waaay to fast down duffis and cant slow the car down enough for it and run deep, other times I think I turn in too early and just understeer. I've got it right a couple of times and you can really feel it - dont ask me what i did different though, luck!
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:54 pm PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

Oh Oh.... Can you email me the .dbn file from the VBOX for your best session? ak@trackscotland.co.uk

I'll overlay it with one of Fee's and mine Smile Do you want ours?
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:14 pm PostPost subject:
jockthedog
established user

it's on its way!

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Track Days Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next   Page 12 of 14

View previous topic
View next topic