SMRC 9th April

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4   Page 4 of 4

Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:16 pm PostPost subject:
Daveb
established user

Wow Shocked I hadn't seen that before.

Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:41 pm PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

Daft..... but 100% racing incident in my opinion.

No deliberate move across from either driver... both were prob going 'straight' but their straights just happened to be converging :/

Have to wonder why the Morgan didnt lift - yeah yeah, racing etc.... but its never going to end well with a car attached to the front of you.
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:23 am PostPost subject:
andybell
established user

Overall
Here is my write-up of the race weekend and overall where i am in the journey more positives than negatives.

Fastest lap ever 1:04:63 Fastest lap of day 1:04:96
watch in stereo - if you use mono bizarrely no sound
Plus points -
    getting more used to being closer to cars
    more likely to put car in 'harms way'
    better lines all round compared to last year
    using track more thanks to Sasha
    hitting 1:04 now without going full commitment

Negative points -
    coast too much
    too much indecision
    not getting close enough to cars
    times too inconsistent
    race 1/2 starting is terrible as used handbrake and my arms too long to use handbrake properly Smile

I had a spin on Thursday at performance coaching at Duffus so again going back to confidence thing takes me while to get back to flat out there. really shows with the throttle trace
Chicane is just horrid but trying to stop thinking about it and going for brake always certain point for certain time then keep going. mental block
Lastly, I asked the question of Malcolm should i spend more on tuition and skip racing and he made a great point. Starting to get in about people so whilst working on 'perfect lap' i also need to work on 'race control' so 100% right he is

Qual
Wasn't as bad as it felt usually but could be due to ~10 less cars on grid. Qualified where i thought i would based on other people.

Race 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vhu4JiS1o0
So trying to use the handbrake+biting point start but really didnt work well so terrible off line. Coast too much for Duffus then mugged before Clarks causing me to me mugged after clarks - all places pissed away first lap (common theme of day) and many many car lengths back. I tend to find when cars close i get overly cautious

Over laps start to reel in guy slowly but surely and can see him making more and more mistakes on gravel. Starting putting in ~1:05's dead and fast forward to 6:48 and starting to get alot closer as Ross is making few more mistakes. 7:23 he goes wide at chicane (signs of things to come) and 7:54 on his bumper.
    8:25 is where it starts to get interesting for me and where is big difference to last year. Ross goes off into Gravel and rather than me backing out the 'evil spectre of malcolm and sasha' shouting at me looms large and keep power on rather than wonder what ross does and at 8:36 dive up inside of Clarks. yes you read that right...
    Get the pass in and manage to hold it until race finish

Race 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGulQ-JYAXQ
Thought i could pull off handbrake start this time but honestly too much going on in brain and you can see other car pull away. Mark G powers through too and i should have latched onto him but Chris just drives through easily. This is prime example of coasting problem.
    At 0:55 i can see gorup of cars backed up so i get better run out of Clarks. I chose race line but Chris drifts back in and i come off power a little to 80%. I then get blocked in and 2 cars pass. Another disaster first lap. Can we just stop first laps occuring? Smile
    4:32 start to get alot closer due to the yellow flag and 6:20 lessgo! pack in front get horrid clarks so i get level with paterson and go past on inside at railway and hold position up straight.
    Try to get it back but just not enough at end to get another place.

Race 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBjqv9HO6MA
Decide this handbrake stuff and needing a tiny t-rex arm isnt for me so just do standard balance biting point. Get a good start this time though bizarrely the car on my left either jumped start or was already ahead of me but regardless get past wheel spinning car on left.

I think this is again a great example of where midnset has changed since last year. Going 2 wide down Duffus without crashing - standard fare for hardcore racers but for me big leap forward and hold position \0/
    Interesting point here at 0:58 to 1:03. I get better exit off Clarks and start to go inside but I pull out as i think my space would have ran out and wheels on grass by Ross squeezing me out - i asked after and said didnt see me so think decision was right. Cost me a place though Sad Then get mugged up straight pah at back now. I hate first laps :/
    at 2:4 ross goes wide on gravel then comes on so again a key difference from last year put power on and get past.
    07:14 wave to moggs/robbie on gravel and cars bunch back up for safety car which is looooong.
    14:00 this is where i go for gap at hairpin and it gets closed. Queue me whining at 16:20 :p
    game over

Last edited by andybell on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:49 am PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

Race 2.... TPS seems to be out of sync Confused

i.e it shows you off the throttle but you are clearly still on it
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:54 am PostPost subject:
andybell
established user

yeh was noticing that most strange i was faffing with cables possibly knocked something out. I need to update firmware and then figure out sound isssue

Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:55 am PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

Race 3 - Did you go for a horn peep?

Very Happy
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:59 am PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

Is it 7th May yet! Come on come on
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:59 am PostPost subject:
David Long
established user

Great videos and report Andy

AK wrote:
Race 2.... TPS seems to be out of sync Confused

i.e it shows you off the throttle but you are clearly still on it

I stopped using VBox for time critical displays as they can be 5 frames, or more, out of sync - looks like the HD box has the same issues.
Duratec in Detail

Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:02 am PostPost subject:
andybell
established user

AK wrote:
Race 3 - Did you go for a horn peep?
was a tad annoyed :p

And yes its a little off but race 2 was just total whack can hear the sound doesn't match.

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4   Page 4 of 4

View previous topic
View next topic