TrackScotland @ Knockhill - Sat 10th March

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Track Days Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4   Page 4 of 4

Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:33 am PostPost subject:
David Long
established user

AK wrote:

Gordon drive today?

Gordon had his test cancelled due to fog Shocked (I think that's the third time the winter weather has stopped it) so it's fingers cross for May. The tweaks I've done have made the car more lively than it was, so might try to find something a little tamer for his first one!
Duratec in Detail

Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:58 pm PostPost subject:
xaero1

Anyone know who was driving the older shape Civic?

They were following me in my red 306 Rallye for a number of laps, catching me on the straights but falling way behind through the corners. I was going down the main straight and found the Civic right up my chuff and when I got on the brakes to turn in they almost went into the back of me. Rolling Eyes

On the next lap I slowed on the straight to let the Civic past and low and behold they went flying off the track at the end of the straight, sliding the car sideways down the hill and ripping a tyre off.

I hope they learned their lesson

Everyone else I encountered on track was really decent though. Good day out.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:40 pm PostPost subject:
fiesta1700
user

i musta just been behind us guys as i saw it sliding off, and the cuming back in with the tyre and that off

Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:44 pm PostPost subject:
stuartjdm
user

xaero1 wrote:
Anyone know who was driving the older shape Civic?

They were following me in my red 306 Rallye for a number of laps, catching me on the straights but falling way behind through the corners. I was going down the main straight and found the Civic right up my chuff and when I got on the brakes to turn in they almost went into the back of me. Rolling Eyes

On the next lap I slowed on the straight to let the Civic past and low and behold they went flying off the track at the end of the straight, sliding the car sideways down the hill and ripping a tyre off.

I hope they learned their lesson

Everyone else I encountered on track was really decent though. Good day out.

I think it was his first trackday

Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:26 pm PostPost subject:
fiesta1700
user

i seen a few off yous on about tyres there, well i did just over 100 miles yesterday and most of that in front of the red n white mini, so wasnt hanging about to much, and my tyres have been on since ingleston (yoko A048 M)
Iv done
the sprint 12 miles
trackday at crail 89miles
speed sunday 80 miles
november trackscotland day 80/90 miles
and yesterday 100 miles

so thats aboout 400 miles iv got out them, and i got them second hand,
soi dunno if thats good or not but i think it is lol,
they are still ok just need to swap them all round about put the fronts on the back and swap the lefts and rights about, front drivers is fair worn but still got tread, i run my tyres at 17psi cold and the fronts heat up to 20.5/21psi and the rear 19/20psi and it seams to work for me, (sorry dunbar tune i told you 16psi cold but i checked and its 17) haha
and they seam to wear fairly equal and dont seam to be to soft to run on the side walls, and i think they are lasting well, a mean they are only on a 146bhp fiesta but its flat out haha

Once again thanks to all had a good day!!

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Track Days Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4   Page 4 of 4

View previous topic
View next topic