TrackScotland Trackdays - Booking

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Track Days    Page 1 of 1

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:49 pm PostPost subject: TrackScotland Trackdays - Booking
AK
Site Admin

A quick email with some observations and requests.... and highlighting how it works or at least how I'd like it to work.

We ran an 8hr trackday in May that had to be subsidised by around 3k of our own money. We got a lot of last minute bookings for this but we were still short.

We cancelled/changed the 4hr trackday for today due to lack of numbers. We opted to return to the originally booked 2hr slot. (4hrs costs double the 2hr with KH.... we were only charging 30 more to do the hrs so expected folk to take this option!!). Since cancelling we've had a lot of emails from folk saying they were going to book the 4hr option, and aprox 5 new 2hr bookings.... these folk may have been enough to run the full 4hr session Rolling Eyes

Next Time - Can we ask that you book early please Laughing This is not so we can sit on the money - its so we can run these events succesfully.

We pay KH a 25% deposit 1month in advance and normally the balance 1 week before the date. So... we normally have faith that we'll get the numbers. For this trackday we did not pay the balance 1 week before due to lack of numbers.

We understand times are possibly tougher, its summer (hols) and folk always have car issues to add to the last minute nature of some bookings BUT please remember that we do offer refunds!

Book up ASAP and then if you cant make it ask for a refund! We offer refunds up to the last minute and credits.

Does this make sense?
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:57 pm PostPost subject:
Daveb
established user

I see what your saying but it does come down to a). money b). taking a chance booking ahead (weather and car working).

Only way round it I think is to offer discounts for booking early like the track companies down South do.

To be fair though the TrackScotland prices are pretty good anyway so although its an idea - I dont see why you should have to do it.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:09 pm PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

We did run a discounted (by 20 or so) booking for the 8hr trackday - didnt make a difference.
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:12 pm PostPost subject:
tastyturbo
established user

I'm probably guilty of wanting the 4 hour session and never thought the event would be halved in time.

Getting the time off authorised held me up. I think the lightbulb that just hit me there above my head is..... Refunds are available.

Makes sense.

(apologies)

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:40 pm PostPost subject:
jockthedog
established user

Another possibility is to take a deposit first to get a decent idea of numbers and to get some commitment from us, and then make us all pay in full, BEFORE the last week when you have to pay KH. I'm sure most folk can manage a 20 quid deposit and moving the final payment date to earlier shouldn't make too much difference. It's a deadline pure and simple. You can still take new bookings after that if you like, but peeps might be a worried of missing out altogether due to numbers and so pay on time (ie, earlier).

Hell, I dunno, I'm not in Marketing. But that's the way my wife gets her customers to show up when they should.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:44 pm PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

we used to operate like that in 2006/2007 it it did seem to work.

We'd have to make the deposits Non Refundable I think.

I'll have a think about it
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:46 pm PostPost subject:
Evo4dav
established user

I understand where your coming from on this but also a point to note.

I really want booked up for the 20th August 2 hr track day but its not in the online shop this far in advance... Wink

I would and will book as far in advance as possible since you offer refunds anyway if the car breaks before it... Cool

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:01 pm PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

its in the shop as of about 1hr ago Smile
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Track Days    Page 1 of 1

View previous topic
View next topic