Hello

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | New Users    Page 1 of 1

Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:43 pm PostPost subject: Hello
sam.ross

Hello i am Sam and I come from East Kilbride which is just outside Glasgow, I drive a Toyota Soarer (AKA Lexus Soarer) 2.5TT which i have owned for a few months now and loving every moment of it.

I will be attending my 1st track day on the 7th of September with a few guys off of Clan Japan and i am exited as much as anxious as a bit of a track newbie. Im now off to read up more on the do's and don'ts on the track and i'll post up a couple of pics in the relevent section.

Cheers.

Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:20 pm PostPost subject: Re: Hello
Willie
established user

sam.ross wrote:
Hello i am Sam and I come from East Kilbride which is just outside Glasgow, I drive a Toyota Soarer (AKA Lexus Soarer) 2.5TT which i have owned for a few months now and loving every moment of it.

I will be attending my 1st track day on the 7th of September with a few guys off of Clan Japan and i am exited as much as anxious as a bit of a track newbie. Im now off to read up more on the do's and don'ts on the track and i'll post up a couple of pics in the relevent section.

Cheers.

LOL welcome, strongly suggest the Knockhill tuition day before you try a track day.
The fun you'll have well be better as you'll be more relaxed and will know the lines to stay to. I've done one of these and have my first track day at KH on the 8th August. I can't imagine how it would be like to be the first time on a track on a track day with all the other cars whizzing past you.
Just a though, hope you enjoy it

Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:39 pm PostPost subject:
Gord
established user

Welcome dude.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:36 am PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

hiya...

watch some vids that should give you an idea Smile
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:16 am PostPost subject:
sam.ross

I don't have a problem letting others pass, i'll give them as much space as i can and as long as i can work out what side is best to pull in i reckon i'll be ok. Im not going with the intention of racing on that day but to get a feel for the track a build on that.

From what Gord has said this seems a pretty good place to start.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:43 am PostPost subject:
dunc
established user

Welcome Sam,

Take it the soarer's an auto? I had a 1JZ soarer for a while which I took to a few tracks (Spa and the ring) and it was a good car, I did find that the weight worked against it in the wet but very capable in the dry.

If you've got the electronic dampening adjustment model you can put a jumper in the diagnostics port and it sets it to full hard. Makes a massive difference to handling, also wide wheels help Smile

Dunc.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:01 pm PostPost subject:
Gord
established user

sam.ross wrote:
I don't have a problem letting others pass, i'll give them as much space as i can and as long as i can work out what side is best to pull in i reckon i'll be ok. Im not going with the intention of racing on that day but to get a feel for the track a build on that.

From what Gord has said this seems a pretty good place to start.

Always pull into the right to let them over take. You'll get shown the parts of the track where you're allowed to let others pass.

If you want, you can do a few laps with me before you go out, and I can passanger you in your car if you want aswell. I'm not fussed. Cos I wont be on track for all the 2 hours.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:58 am PostPost subject:
sam.ross

Cheers guys, how do i go about changing the diagnostics then as i do have the electronic dampening?

Yeah Gord cheers that would make things easier so i have a good idea.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:56 am PostPost subject:
dunc
established user

There's a how-to on one of the soarer boards (http://www.jkwebdesign.net/lsocbb/), can't remember the exact two pins to join but it's easy enough Smile

Think alot of people refer to it as 'the trackday mod' for when you search.

Dunc.

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | New Users    Page 1 of 1

View previous topic
View next topic