SMRC Reverse 16th Sept

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport    Page 1 of 1

Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:12 pm PostPost subject: SMRC Reverse 16th Sept
AK
Site Admin

Whos racing?

Can someone post up timetable and entries please?
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:28 pm PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:30 pm PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:52 pm PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

LIVE TIMING - http://www.smart-timing.co.uk/Live%20Timing.htm
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:56 pm PostPost subject:
foz01
WankR
WankR

14 in sports and saloons now Smile

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:47 pm PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

Can you copy/paste please?

I'm not entered in the championship/race so cant see entry.

Time you heading down Laughing
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:36 pm PostPost subject:
Fee
Site Admin

Sunday was the penultimate SMRC meeting of the year, held in reverse direction on a very wet and greasy track (for the start of the day anyway)

Qualifying was ....rubbish! I couldn’t string a lap together, and nearly got collected by Richard Sutherland after a spin at clarks (looking back at the video it was even closer than I remember!) and finished up plum last ☹

https://youtu.be/r0YslWm9_J4

Race 1

Nothing to lose and the only way was forward…or so I thought! Conditions were tricky, wet and slippy from another competitor dropping oil during their qualifying session. I got a good start and made up a couple of places into the first corner. An incident later that lap meant to the safety car was deployed and as I counted the cars in front of me realised I was sitting top 10. I was happy with that so decided to play it safe and try to get a good finish. The brakes on the car had been bothering me so I was a bit reluctant to take any chances. A few laps later, Hannah retired with mechanical issues and I was sitting first ladies, but with Ashleigh behind and gaining on me (or so I thought!) I started pushing, determined to get on the podium for a change, and then it all went wrong! Braking on the last lap in to the hairpin the car snatched left (not right like it had done on the previous lap) and sent me into the wet grass. I could see Dom and Dougie ahead of me coming round the hairpin and all I could think was ‘please don’t hit them, please don’t hit them’. The gravel slowed me down enough and then lept out and across the track into the next gravel trap. Goddamit! Minimal damage thankfully but feeling mighty frustrated with myself…particularly once I realised it was Gordon Long behind me. People should be made to have different coloured cars!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4bDcjCdlNE&t=1s

Race 2

The ALM team got the car all fixed up and a new set of brake pads fitted and I was ready to go again…I just needed to bed in the brakes on my out lap.
Since I’d nearly completed all of the race I wasn’t starting right at the back this time, but near enough. Another decent start, but got boxed in behind Ian Munro and Neil Methven, with Ashleigh to the side of me and had to lift to avoid any contact. After another safety car incident, I spent most of the race watching Neil, Craig Dillon and Gordon battle for position, finding it difficult to find a clean way round the three of them. Craig went sideways through the chicane and I had to run wide out of butchers to avoid him spinning back on track, dipped a wheel on to the wet grass and spun myself. As I came round I saw Hannah and Ashleigh taking avoiding action in the opposite gravel trap and getting ahead. I got going again, but right at the back (again) and then had a wee battle with Craig to the finish line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0dss0HVt50

Race 3

Finally it had dried up! I wasn’t up for taking any chances in this race and there was a fair bit of scrappy driving going on ahead of me which I was keen to avoid. Most of the race was pretty uneventful for me…until Ashleigh tried to decapitate me with a floppy bollard (you can actually see me duck in the video!) which knocked my rear view mirror, then Neil rammed the back of me and took out wing mirror and I lost a few places. I made it to the end though, and was a bit happier that time round!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kd8hf_RPWw

Some progress, some frustration, some more damage, just your typical race weekend!

It’s just three weeks until the final round….since my results with the mini are still rubbish, I’ve decided to take the Impreza out for one last blast this year! Maybe if I cram 2 qualifying sessions and 5 races in to one day I might get some semi-decent results in something!

Thanks to the Andrew Lamont Motorsport Ltd team for their support over the weekend

And big thanks again to these lovely folk that have been supporting me this year…

Kay Building Contractors
Global Design Innovation
CD Refrigeration UK LTD
Bonthrone Security Services Ltd
Perth Tool Repairs

R32 GTR: TimeAttack - Track Scotland

Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:44 am PostPost subject:
David Long
established user

Watching race 2 from the pit lane, anxiety was building when I saw Craig yourself and Neil all in close proximity behind Gordon. Then he appeared on the pit straight with no one behind and thought "that's my boy!"
Duratec in Detail

Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:40 pm PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

... now imagine that watching living timing Laughing
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport    Page 1 of 1

View previous topic
View next topic