Scottish C1 Cup?

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3   Page 3 of 3

Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:07 pm PostPost subject:
foz01
WankR
WankR

I have mentioned this on the FB fees so hopefully someone responds, with either the legislative restrictions (8pm) or other feedback.

Heck even 3 hours!?

Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:19 pm PostPost subject:
marshal-alan
established user

a 12 hour race was mentioned at our briefing yesterday, 8am to 8pm was said... will need lots more marshals as a break every 4 hours is mandatory and we cant stop the racing for lunch, bringing marshals in from post 7 will be problematic, suppose pies could be delivered by drone lol

opinions are my own and not those of any organisation I am involved with

Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:26 am PostPost subject:
Erik
user

scottish scrutineer wrote:
foz01 wrote:
If the club & knockhill can arrange a proper 6hr, ideally 12hr or even a 24h endurance event in the C1's, take my money, now, the sprint format, as I have already said doesn't do it for me.

A conventional 24hr race might be difficult as I understand Knockhill has a curfew of 8pm. The circuit and such would need lighting. It would also take a lot of Volunteer Marshals to run for 24hrs as there are requirements for breaks, meals, rest etc.

"x6hrs, split over 2 days racing might be a viable option.

Like many, I think the sprint race of 8 laps isn't great. That might be one reason why in MINIs (and BMWs before that) there's so many poor overtakes resulting in damage. It doesn't require driver to develop racecraft of managing tyres, just BTCC style barging past others.

This is the main concern I have with the proposals thus far.

The emphasis seemed to be on low contact, low repair cost, strictly policed points systems for drivers making contact etc - but the 8 lap sprint in these cars, which overtaking is going to be notoriously hard to take in, is going to breed exactly that.

As I've hinted at already, if you can get your car on to the inside and hold a relatively safe defensive line, its going to be very hard for anyone to be able to come around you in an equally matched car with such little power.

Over just 8 laps, that's going to cause folk to look for gaps which maybe aren't quite there.

Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:49 am PostPost subject:
scottish scrutineer
established user

foz01 wrote:
I have mentioned this on the FB fees so hopefully someone responds, with either the legislative restrictions (8pm) or other feedback.

Heck even 3 hours!?

The 8pm curfew information came from Knockhill Management.

Anything more than 20 minutes will be an "Endurance" race by SMRC standards Laughing

Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:20 am PostPost subject:
andybell
established user

scottish scrutineer wrote:
Anything more than 20 minutes will be an "Endurance" race by SMRC standards Laughing

with safety cars i am sure we could go longer than 20 in mini's Wink

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3   Page 3 of 3

View previous topic
View next topic