SLS 2018 - Regs / Dates & Revolt Race

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport Goto page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:32 am PostPost subject:
Steve H
user

Does the trailering rule make much difference? I don't think so... but I'm sure someone will prove me wrong...

Be interesting to see how successful the Revolt race series is. I'll be entering and hope there will be a few more class D cars to get some close racing. I would prefer a standing start, but that's just personal preference.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:59 am PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

I thought a standing start was decided upon. Have you seen it said differently somewhere?
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:23 am PostPost subject:
Steve H
user

From the Revolt Race Series Regulations - Provisional B - as emailed out by Rory on 1st November. It may be like the road car regulations where they have made changes based on feedback.

2.5 STARTS:

2.5.1 All cars will be released from the Assembly Area, through the Pit Lane to complete a Formation/Pace lap prior to the race start in formation as specified on the grid sheet. The Formation/Pace lap will be controlled by a Lead Car. Competitors will be signalled off on the Formation/Pace lap, behind the Lead Car with yellow lights on, by a waved green flag. Towards the end of the lap the Lead Car will slow the field and competitors should form up in their 2 x 2 grid formation. The red start lights will be switched on once the Lead Car has left the circuit and will be extinguished to signify the start of the race. Competitors must hold their grid position in a 2 x 2 formation until the start of the race signal is given. Once the Lead Car has left the circuit the pace must be maintained by the lead vehicle until the race starts.

2.5.2 The start will be via Rolling start.
The minimum Countdown procedures/audible warnings sequence shall be:-
1 minute to start of Green Flag/Pace Lap - Start Engines/Clear Grid.
30 Seconds - Visible and audible warning for start of Formation/Pace Lap.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:05 am PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

Ahh, ok. I hadnít read that part and thought a standing start was agreed.
Rolling tarts will benefit non 4wd if looking for positives.

Iíve done both... prefer standing starts. As with all things SLS there will be a chance to adjust format as it progresses
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:34 am PostPost subject:
Steve H
user

I'm not bothered about what benefits what type of car. Every car is different, every driver is different, some conditions suit me, some suit you.

Yeah I like a standing start and, like you say, we can put forward our thoughts as the series progresses.

Think we may have a lot of blue flags though looking at some of the lap times of each class which is always a bit scary, from both the overtaker, and the overtake-ee. Be interesting to see which classes we see the biggest entries from too.

Do you know how the handicap system will be worked out?

Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:53 pm PostPost subject:
Wull
user

Steve H wrote:
Does the trailering rule make much difference? I don't think so... but I'm sure someone will prove me wrong...

Be interesting to see how successful the Revolt race series is. I'll be entering and hope there will be a few more class D cars to get some close racing. I would prefer a standing start, but that's just personal preference.

Regarding the ďtraileringĒ for me personally it means I can still compete in the road class and not have to worry about breaking down, crashing and taking fuel, tools etc. If the rules hadnít allowed for the use of trailers then Iíd have probably just trailered anyway and not cared about the road class points as itís only for the fun of it for me, itís not the end of the world.

Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:29 am PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

Quote:
Standard Road Cars & Super Lap Scotland

Did you know that you can compete in SLS with your day to day road car or road going track car?

This is 100% true and its really easy to get involved!!

Under MSA regulation you can compete in SLS in your daily driver. All you need is a helmet, gloves, race suit and a current MSA Non-Race National B licence, which can even be applied for on the day of the event itself. The real positive is that SLS uses a power to weight system to divide cars into classes of similar performance and we only permit the use of tyres that are eligible for the road (except Pro class), so you have every chance of being competitive!

Follow this link for the SLS Winter Checklist 📋and get on the grid in 2018!

https://www.facebook.com/SuperlapScotland/posts/1519125548163050

500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:23 pm PostPost subject:
AMD
established user

AK wrote:
Quote:
Standard Road Cars & Super Lap Scotland

Did you know that you can compete in SLS with your day to day road car or road going track car?

This is 100% true and its really easy to get involved!!

Under MSA regulation you can compete in SLS in your daily driver. All you need is a helmet, gloves, race suit and a current MSA Non-Race National B licence, which can even be applied for on the day of the event itself. The real positive is that SLS uses a power to weight system to divide cars into classes of similar performance and we only permit the use of tyres that are eligible for the road (except Pro class), so you have every chance of being competitive!

Follow this link for the SLS Winter Checklist 📋and get on the grid in 2018!

https://www.facebook.com/SuperlapScotland/posts/1519125548163050

Might try a round to see what its like ive got chris's helmet and race suit here so could just steal that Laughing one of my friends is doing the javalin sprint series at cadwell in a mk2 vrs fabia so might join him for one at cadwell

Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:34 am PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

its good fun and competitive without the door to door element Smile
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport Goto page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2

View previous topic
View next topic