Entries

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9   Page 9 of 9

Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:16 pm PostPost subject:
emicen
established user

The class was intended for the cars that are already out there doing trackdays, so people wanting to make that step can start racing in what they already know and are familiar with.

There's loads of Clios, EP3 Civics, 205s, 206s, mk5 Fiestas, Saxos, 106s and Pumas out there, and the slightly rarer stuff also like MGs, Novas, Astras, Alfas.

In the hot hatch series' down south, those are the common machines. Yes some people race Compacts but as there's a series specifically for them it doesn't really make sense to add a rival series. Equally, the MR-Ss I've seen used on track are usually pure road cars (I know of about 3 used at KH) as were the only couple of SW20 MR2s I remember seeing out, don't ever remember seeing an AW11 out but they would be eligible for classics.

Boxsters would race in S&S just like the Cayman did a few years back.

I believe Renny said on the Classics thread there was potential for the MX-5s going in Classics with the XR2s but I haven't heard anything confirmed in that area.

The club wants to do something to encourage more people to come out racing, so whilst there's pretty much the option to do anything and everything, it make sense to start with the stuff that they know is out there on track all the time, especially when a number of them are already half way to being race cars.
www.performance-spares.com

Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:28 pm PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

just standing back and watching how this is progressing - I think there are positive signs at least Smile

I can see the R53 Mini S cup growing Smile
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:39 pm PostPost subject:
andybell
established user

AK wrote:

interesting how its continuing to evolve and shows that at times someone needs to grab bull by horns - fair play to em

Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:06 am PostPost subject:
YumYumTurbo

AK wrote:
just standing back and watching how this is progressing - I think there are positive signs at least Smile

Snap, looks like myself and the rest of the lads will continue with sls and get involved with the racing through sls.

I'll be eating from sidelines this year for the smrc HH to see how that goes. Let's hope plenty more people get involved with smrc and something happens with the HH series.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:09 am PostPost subject:
DrHammershaft

Hi,

Has there been any more talk of the Hot Hatch SMRC class? I think if there are SLS 'races' that a few people might be interested in doing a couple of the SMRC weekends too. I'm weighing up options for next year just now and trying to get as much information as possible.

Have the regulations been set for the Hot Hatch class?

Cheers,
Neil

Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:11 pm PostPost subject:
emicen
established user

There's work under way now for submission of the championship regs for all classes. The provisional ones posted a while back are a good guide though, there's not been many suggestions of amendments.

Should be more info available by the end of the week.

There's also planning under way for a Go Racing night where anyone interested will be able to attend.
www.performance-spares.com

Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:47 am PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

Any info on planned locations (cities) for the Go Racing events?
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:44 am PostPost subject:
Erik
user

I was sure I'd read somewhere that there was meant to be something on tonight (26th Oct) at Pentland Land Rover in Edinburgh - but haven't seen anything else said about it so perhaps I was tripping.

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9   Page 9 of 9

View previous topic
View next topic