Nurburgring

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Track Days Goto page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2

Wed May 03, 2017 7:33 pm PostPost subject:
rstoughy

badal wrote:
Returned yesterday from a truly brilliant trip - Fantastic track which will take many many laps to learn!
Not sure about tourist days though - as a group of five sharing a car, we only managed to get 17 laps in over the day and a half we were there.
Arrived around three thirty on Saturday after a very relaxing and enjoyable run down from Ijmuiden. Straight on to the track and we all got two runs in before close at seven.
Sunday was a different matter all together - fine sunshine again but HUNDREDS of cars!
Track was closed for nearly four hours over the course of the day with multiple incidents including arrival of air ambulance on two occasions - I'm hoping all involved are OK
Speed differential on track is incredible - you really do need eyes in the back of your head -You think you're going quickly until you're passed by a gaggle of GT3's and a couple of R8's at full chat. An experience to behold!
On Monday the track was very quiet - no queues anywhere but unfortunately we had to head for the ferry.
Accommodation, food and beer all excellent
Next trip will be weekdays where there are sessions on most nights and the locals advise usually very quiet
Need a quicker car now!

LOL bank holidays are a nightmare.
Glad you had a ball though, its a very addictive place.
The Newcastle Ferry (party boat) is great although I've been pulled by the police coming off of it more than a couple of times now for random breathalysers.
I'm gutted to not be going over this year but just too much on and it clashes with the racing.
Will make next year all the better though.

Here's the only 1/2 decent lap I got last year before my front disk broke on the 1st morning Sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSMAHu9wksE&t=234s

Thu May 04, 2017 10:50 am PostPost subject:
badal

Yes M3's seem to be the weapon of choice - that lap looked great fun and not too busy?
Did you have problems getting repaired or home?

Thu May 04, 2017 11:53 am PostPost subject:
rstoughy

I only do closed days now when over there so this was a Destination Nurburg event. Limited numbers on the event so providing everyone behaves you can get pretty decent track time.
Its pricey but worth it IMO.

Issue was locating a disc at a price where they werent wanting a vital organ as well. Car was back on the trailer and beer was consumed for the remaining 1.5 days.

Thu May 04, 2017 3:22 pm PostPost subject:
badal

Ah yes - we met Darren in the Comfy Corner (recommend their food and beer by the way) on Sunday night. I reckon its excellent value for money especially if two share a car - cant see me doing another tourist day.
If we go back it will probably be with him.

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Track Days Goto page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2

View previous topic
View next topic