Road cars in sls

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport    Page 1 of 1

Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:20 am PostPost subject: Road cars in sls
Wull
user

Am I right in thinking that because my car has bucket seats I'd need to fit a rear cage to compete? But if I stuck the std seats back in then I wouldn't have to?

Cheers

Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:27 am PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

I think (think)..... you can run in Road Car class / MSA S11 regs with bucket seats and harnesses as long as you have the rest of the interior in place.

If the car is stripped out that puts you straight into S12/Modified and a cage is required

Regs can be found - http://superlapscotland.co.uk/about-us

Quote:
Road Car Awards

Road-going cars competing in standard trim, taxed, MOT'd and driven to the venue are eligible to score points towards their own respective sub Championship. The fastest road going cars from each power to weight division will be highlighted at each event prize giving.

Vehicles must comply fully with the Production Car Category (S.11), remain in standard trim including passenger / rear seats and carpets, be taxed and hold a valid MOT certificate if appropriate for the age of the vehicle and be driven to the event. The fitting of roll cages is permitted. Points are awarded in accordance with 1.6.1 to 1.6.4 of regulations. Competitors wishing to enter the Road Car Championship should indicate this by completing the appropriate section of the Registration Form.

500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:30 am PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

Fire off an email to scrutineer@superlapscotland.co.uk to confirm though, or get in touch with Gordon Hay/Renny
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:16 pm PostPost subject:
scottish scrutineer
established user

If all you have done is installed competition seats, and the rest of the interior is there, then no problem with Roadgoing

Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:34 pm PostPost subject:
Wull
user

scottish scrutineer wrote:
If all you have done is installed competition seats, and the rest of the interior is there, then no problem with Roadgoing

It has buckets seats,harnesses and a harness bar. The std seat belts etc have been removed.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:59 pm PostPost subject:
rstoughy

My fear of this set up has always been that if you go over then you are strapped into a seat in the upright position with nowhere to go and no adequate rollover protection.
What I used to run in SLS road going with the CSL was full interior with drivers bucket seat with the standard lap belt and a CG Lock. Worked really well and the Scrutineers were always happy enough (or did I dream that last bit) lol.

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport    Page 1 of 1

View previous topic
View next topic